Post by Tracy Kaler.
In my opinion, warm weather is the ideal time to redecorate. Most of us are in a better frame of mind when our bones are warm, so our creative juices are more likely to flow at full speed.
Whether you’re looking to spruce up your accessories, brighten your bedroom with a paint color, or take on a complete overhaul (perhaps you’re really ambitious!), this season is a fabulous time to rethink your décor. Here are ten summer decorating ideas to try in your bedroom.
1. Hang black and white prints for a timeless yet modern aesthetic.
2. Add new light fixtures for ambience and task lighting.
3. If you’re funky and adventurous when it comes to decorating, play with faux fur. Pillows are a terrific place to start.
4. Paint a decorative pattern or stencil a motif on your walls.
5. Go bold in your artwork and make it a focal point in the room.
6. Tired of neutrals? Add color in more than one place. Perhaps you should start with a splash on the bed, and then move on to the accessories.
7. Want to redecorate, but on a budget? Get thrifty and try flea markets, where you’ll discover fantastic finds at affordable prices.
8. Splurge on a new area rug. Choose a soft yet durable style.
9. Update your window treatments. Curtains can give new life to your bedroom.
10. Invest in a new headboard. Why? Because you deserve it.